To install the child theme simply:
- Download the child theme from the WordPress repository.
- Upload the child theme and activate – job done.
Optional – Install additional plugins
- Install Contact Form 7 for forms, contact forms etc.
- Install Mashshare for social sharing and share counter.
- Install Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails for the sidebar. This is the widget that displays the latest posts with article thumbnails.
- Install the Kirki Customizer if you want to enable the ability to change fonts and header colours as shown here and here. You do not have to do anything other than just installing and activating the plugin. The child theme does the rest.
- Install Elementor to take full control over your site. Build any layout you can imagine with an intuitive drag and drop builder – no programming knowledge required.
That’s it. Enjoy.